Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bringing the A.T. to Colonial Heights


The title of the Appalachian Trail Conservancy magazine is Journeys.  That is a fitting title for the beginning of my TTEC adventure.  Upon my return from TTEC 2013, I had a number of people ask how I would bring the AT to a city that sits 2 hours from the Trail. I explained that’s it’s not just the AT, but it’s about connecting kids with meaningful opportunities in their community and getting them outside.  The end goal of course, is to get them onto the trail.  To that end, we have begun talking to local organizations in an attempt to identify the needs of the community.  My students are enthusiastic about the idea of getting outside and engaging in meaningful services opportunities.
Thus, we continue to be on the lookout for organizations that want to partner with our students.  We are on the beginning steps of our Appalachian Trail journey.



Dan Pulskamp

Colonial Heights High School

No comments:

North Carolina NCCAT participants

North Carolina NCCAT participants
At the Wayah Bald Fire Tower

Mary Jane

Mary Jane
On top of Silers Bald