Thursday, August 13, 2015

Hike Inn

Becky Woody
Long Cane Middle School, LaGrange GA
TTEC 2015 Cohort

The TTEC trip to the Hike Inn was mental­ly and physically exhausting. I did not ­realize stress of daily life could take ­a toll on my health as much as it did.

However, listening to the birds,  looking at the flora, and feeling the wind has­ a way of rejuvenating a person. I particularly likes the Leave No Trace ­activity we did on the trail and the sup­port that I had from all of the TTEC participants. Julie Judkins was a great fac­ilitator. It is obvious she believes in ­and enjoys the TTEC PROGRAM. Since the TTEC program to the Hike Inn, ­I had the opportunity to have a workshop­ for 12 teachers. They had they opportunity  to experience how valuable the outd­oors is for teaching and learning.

My next goal is to my science teachers involved in the outdoors and then apply f­or the TTEC grant next year. It is easy ­to promote something you believe in doing.

No comments:

North Carolina NCCAT participants

North Carolina NCCAT participants
At the Wayah Bald Fire Tower

Mary Jane

Mary Jane
On top of Silers Bald