Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Summer Outdoor Fitness Goals

Jessica Leach
Granite Street School
Millinocket, Maine
2015 TTEC Cohort

July 18, 2015

As my summer vacation moves along I try to have outdoor fitness goals that incorporate the AT. For the past two summers I have taken on the 100 mile wilderness with a few hiking friends. This journey has made a huge impact on my life and world. It makes me really want to share what the woods, trails, hiking community and life on the trail with others can offer people, most importantly, young adults. I feel the challenge of the 100 mile wilderness is worth the hard work it takes to finish it. As I move forward in my discovery of the trail community I hope that I can give back all that I have received from the Appalachian Trail and the community that comes with it.

My goal as a physical education teacher is to give students that ability to choose which healthy goal they want to keep in their lives and hopefully part of that goal will incorporate being outside in some way whether it is in the woods, on the trail, or just enjoying outdoor sports.

I am posting a few pictures from the trail to show the great adventure we had with hopefully many more to come.













No comments:

North Carolina NCCAT participants

North Carolina NCCAT participants
At the Wayah Bald Fire Tower

Mary Jane

Mary Jane
On top of Silers Bald