Tuesday, November 24, 2015

TTEC's Inspiration

Jessica Leach
Stearns High School
Millinocket, ME
2015 TTEC Cohort


Our final workshop in Vermont was a wonderful way to end my journey from the start in New Hampshire, which made me aware of what the Appalachian Trail can offer, now coming full circle to making it all possible. I never thought that this journey would take me to all these wonderful places, while slowly and purposefully, making me a steward of the Appalachian Trail.



I love the trail even though I have only been on a very small portion of it. The TTEC program is offered to teachers to facilitate their students to provide service learning projects while also getting them on the Appalachian Trail so they will become stewards of the trail for years to come. For me, TTEC has helped me become informed, inspired and motivated to become a steward myself.



I feel that I have a new job. As a member of my local community, a teacher, and an informed steward of the Appalachian Trail in Maine and Baxter State Park I can teach, communicate and offer lifelong skills through our outdoor environment. The three TTEC workshops started with one goal and has morphed into many goals-- something totally different for me physically, emotionally and educationally. I know I have the ability to give information, knowledge and the love of the trail to students and young adults to take with them for the rest of their lives.

My love for the trail and new lifelong friends on the Appalachian Trail are portrayed in my pictures here because of TTEC. I will be forever indebted to Delia Clark and all the Appalachian Trail employees.




No comments:

North Carolina NCCAT participants

North Carolina NCCAT participants
At the Wayah Bald Fire Tower

Mary Jane

Mary Jane
On top of Silers Bald